End-O-Line Railroad Park & Museum Supervisor
Murray County is taking applications for a part-time, End-O-Line Supervisor. This position is benefit eligible, 30 hours per week November through April and 35 hours per week May through October.
The End-O-Line Supervisor works under the supervision of the Museum Director and is responsible for overseeing the End-O-Line Railroad Park and Museum. The purpose of this position is to assist the Museum Director in the everyday work at the End-O-Line. During the End-O-Line off season, this position will assist at the Museum and Dinehart Holt House.
- Basic maintenance and repair skills, or the ability to identify issues and address them properly.
- Ability to learn the history of Murray County, Minnesota history, and area tourist attractions and amenities.
- Be skilled in public speaking including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- High School Diploma/GED and one year work experience in a similar institution.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
Salary Range: $16.71 - $21.72 per hour
First review of applications: March 4, 2024.
Posted: February 12, 2024
Building Facilities Manager
Murray County is accepting applications for a full-time Building Facilities Manager.
Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
This position supervises and manages the County Building Maintenance Department and is responsible for the operation of all county buildings and grounds including the general maintenance and security of buildings, grounds and equipment. Main office is located in Slayton, MN.
- Minimum of 2 years of post-secondary education in a facilities or construction related field and 5 years of progressive experience.
- Class C Boiler license is necessary (must obtain within 6 months of employment).
- Industry and management experience is essential.
- This position will lead the operations of the Department and oversee, manage, and direct the staff, the work and work activities of the Department in alignment with the vision and directives of the County Board.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills through strategic planning, goal setting, assessment and decision making.
- Ability to utilize time management skills to manage multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and make independent decisions.
- Ability to develop and implement goals and objectives.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, direct and evaluate the work of others; develop and implement policies and procedures.
- Ability to supervise personnel in a manner conducive to efficient performance and high morale.
- Ability to repair, perform maintenance, and/or monitor contracted services involved in the maintenance of electrical, heating, air conditioning and/or plumbing equipment of County facilities to assure their proper functioning and operation.
- Ability to communicate effectively to work team, with occasional incidental public interaction.
First Review of Applications: February 19, 2024
Posted: January 22, 2024
Full Time Deputy Sheriff
Murray County is taking applications for a full-time Deputy Sheriff. Hours are a combination of days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
The purpose of this position is to protect life and property in Murray County and to enforce City Ordinances, County, State and Federal Laws. Duties include but are not limited to investigating criminal activity; interviewing victims, interrogating suspects; writing reports; responding to accidents; civil process; prisoner transport; evidence collection; serving warrants; executing of court orders; responding to law enforcement related calls and assist the County Sheriff.
Qualifications: Minimum of a High School diploma/GED and two-year degree in law enforcement or related field.
- Must be licensed by the Minnesota Peace Officers Standards and Training Board and attend at least 48 hours continuing education every three years;
- Valid MN Driver’s License;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations;
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals;
- Ability to use leadership skills, to verbalize orders/commands so that the public and staff understand exactly what is being said and expected;
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals;
- Must have received Bureau of Criminal Apprehension CJIS certification within one year of date of hire.
Salary Range: $28.23 - 36.69 per hour
Posted: April 7, 2023
General Application Process
Notice to all applicants: ALL employment applications must be submitted using the Murray County Application available on this page. Resumes may be attached to that application, but resumes will ONLY be accepted if accompanied by the Murray County Employment Application. Please be sure to print your completed application, and sign and date it BEFORE submitting.
To apply for any open position with Murray County, please follow these steps.
- GENERAL APPLICATION
- Download the Murray County Employment Application specific to the job you are applying for
- Print the Application
- Submit your application by email, mail or walk-in.
By Email: email@example.com
Murray County Human Resources Office
PO Box 57
Slayton, MN 56172
Murray County Human Resources Office
2848 Broadway Avenue (Courts Building)
Slayton, MN 56172
Murray County Employment Applications are accepted for Open Positions ONLY. Please check our position listings for the latest updates to our open positions.
Murray County is an Equal Opportunity Employer